Terminator Salvation App Review

0

Written on 7:41 PM by irockish



Who ever would’ve thought that the Terminator would be on your iPhone? Not me, I first saw that it was coming out and I was like wow, this is gonna be awesome! Well I got the app and played with it. Did I Like it? Let’s find out what I thought about it.

Look/Feel of the app:

From looks it’s really cool. I saw the trailer that was put out by gameloft and thought wow this is gonna be better then Hero of Sparta which I loved btw! So obviously it was much anticipated for me. I did like the graphics work that had been put into the app because it was a little bit better than hero of Sparta all of the T-“x” looked amazing and pretty real, I know its probably the best that the iPhone can get graphics-wise.

Storyline:

Whoever wrote the storyline for this, pretty much shouldn’t be working with games anymore. I love terminator but Holy Jesus was this game short! It seriously can be beaten within a day if the time is put in. It took me a total time of 60 hours or less last time I checked (this was on and off play every other day at like 30 min each session). I mean I can pretty much remember the whole storyline just thinking about it. It was decent and I guess makes sense being at the $6 price, because Hero of Sparta was longer and of course $10. Of course as the game goes on your get harder T’s and stuff.

What Do You Get To Do?

In the game you have a gun and a button to shoot it pretty much. If you’ve ever played H.O.S (Hero of Sparta) I’m sure you remember that you got all these cool weapons and got to do all these attacks where you’d weaken them, then you would have to hit a series of buttons to do a special combo attack. Not with Terminator, you just get a gun, sometimes 1 or 2 more special ones and kill the robots who really aren’t that hard when you just shoot their heads off (main point I know) but make it a little more challenging.

Another part of the game you get to use machine guns already built but it’s only like 5 or so times in the whole game. But it is only used to clear out certain parts and areas where there’s a lot of robots. In one part where you fight the Harvester you get to drive a car and shoot the machine gun as well. It was probably the most entertaining part of the game.

There’s also little parts where you get to do “hacking” YAY!.. not so much, its called hacking but all your doing is passing the ball over the green circuits and getting the ball in the hole. You pass over the red you start over, simple right?

Also, when you beat the first normal difficulty you get to play as The Terminator but more as a Arnold terminator where your still fighting with the Resistance (good side for you non-termies LOL). I also liked this, good one game loft

How does the game run?

HOLY SON OF A GUN is there lag in this thing! I swear every time I started a new level there was lag or slowness of it. Sometimes I died just because the screen didn’t register my taps! My god I hated that so much. If anyone has a difference experience please lemme know. I free’d memory up, rebooted my phone nothing helped. I hope there’s an update to fix it cause I was pretty mad about the game all in all. There was one part where it totally messed me up, ill post a screenshot along with the others but it’s not gonna make much of a difference because I could just have done it but I didn’t. I was walking around and it froze for a little then started back up again but as if I was still moving in a certain direction. Talk about wanting to pull your hair out lol. It should’ve been a 3 dollar app.

My conclusion?

Well I loved the graphics, probably the best next to need for speed underground, but Idk if it needs to be played on a iPod touch 2nd gen (it has a higher processor than the iPhone 3G and iPhone 2G) or what but im not joking when I say it did lag a lot. With a update with a fix yes worth it, especially for the crippled storyline, but that and the slowness was the only problems. I did love the extra difficulty to play as the Terminator as well =D



Screenshots:


If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment